Cosmetic Bonding/ White Filling
What is Dental Bonding?
With teeth bonding, a tooth-colored resin is applied to the teeth or tooth using a high intensity curing light and adhesives. Typically this procedure is used for cosmetic purposes to improve the appearance of a chipped, poorly shaped or discolored tooth. Additionally this procedure can be used to close excessive space between teeth, enhance the shape of teeth and to make teeth look longer in order to improve a smile.
Dental Bonding can be considered as a solution to:
- Repair decayed teeth (the composite resins are used to fill cavities)
- Improve the appearance of discolored teeth
- Repair cracked or chipped teeth
- Close the spaces between teeth
- Improve the shape of teeth
- Make teeth look longer
- Provide a cosmetic alternative to amalgam fillings
- Protect a portion of the tooth’s root that has been exposed when gums recede
The Dental Bonding Procedure:
The good news is that dental bonding typically requires less preparation (so less drilling) and the use of anesthesia is sometimes not needed. Furthermore, Doctor Booth will closely match the shade of your existing teeth with a composite resin.
Additional benefits of dental bonding:
One of the least expensive cosmetic dental procedures
Often done in one short visit
Compared to other procedures, it can require little to no removal of tooth enamel