Is it a Migraine or a Headache?Defining the difference between migraines and headaches can be tricky since both conditions have very similar symptoms. While of course both are marked by some sort of pain in the head, whether that be throbbing pain or dull pain, there are several symptomatic differences between the two that can help distinguish one from the other.
- Pain isn’t typically concentrated on only one side of the head
- Pain doesn’t appear to worsen with activity
- Usually has a more constant pressure sensation
- Doesn’t result in symptoms in other parts of the body
- One side of the head tends to hurt more, although not always
- Sensitivity to light and noise
- Blurry vision