If you have lost a tooth or have gaps between your teeth, dental bridges can be used to fix that. Dental bridges are false teeth that help “bridge” or close the gap between missing teeth. A dental bridge made of two caps or crowns and an artificial tooth is placed inside the mouth. The bridge is then permanently fixed in the mouth to abutment teeth that are on both sides of the false tooth.There are three main types of dental bridges; the traditional bridge, cantilever bridge and the Maryland bonded bridge. The traditional bridge is made of porcelain fused to metal. The traditional bridge is fixed and cannot be taken out of your mouth. The cantilever bridge is used when one abutment tooth surrounds the open space. The less common Maryland bonded bridge is used for your front teeth.
Advantages of Dental Bridges
- Installing a bridge is simple to do because of the latest advancements in cosmetic dentistry and dental technology.
- It is a relatively simple procedure with many benefits and requires only two visits to the dentist.
- Dental bridges also prevent facial musculature changes and can help maintain your facial tone.
- They look natural and give you a well aligned smile.
- Can help correct bite issues.
- Less expensive and less invasive when you compare them to dental implants or other restorative dental procedures you may have done.
- If you keep your mouth healthy, bridges may prevent the tooth from shifting or drifting into the empty space.
- Can reduce your risk of gum disease.
- A dental bridge is a good solution for replacing missing or failing teeth and will help restore your ability to eat, speak more clearly and create an aesthetically pleasing smile. Dental bridges last anywhere from 5-15 years so they are a great solution for many patients seeking a long term solution.
Dr. Booth is able to provide all types of crowns and fixed bridges using a variety of the latest materials. Dr. Booth only uses the top Austin laboratories so you can be assured you are getting the highest quality of materials and service.
I love this place. The care you receive is outstanding, and Dr. Booth is kind and gentle.
I really got lucky when I found Dr. Booth and his staff!
You won’t find a better experience than Silver Screen Dental!
I’ve been going to Dr. Booth and his team for nearly 10 years. It’s always a great experience.
Dr. Booth and his team are knowledgeable and friendly, as well as true professionals.
They are the most professional, caring, and competent team I have ever had work on me.
Dr Booth and his team are amazing! I had a great experience, and they were compassionate and knowledgeable.
I’m so happy I chose Silver Screen Dental. Dr. Booth and the entire staff are exceptional.
Their caring attitude reflects in their efficiency to help in every way. Professional actions and attitudes = SUCCESS with a great SMILE!!
Always receive great care from Silver Screen Dental, and they’re on top of technology which makes treatment a lot faster.